Executive Producer Jim Metzner
Jim Metzner has produced more than 5,000 short-format radio programs since 1979, winning over a dozen broadcasting awards, including the 1995 Grand Award at the International Radio Festival of New York.
Associate Producer Brett Barry
Brett Barry has produced for various media since graduating from Syracuse University's Newhouse school in 1998. In addition to his work with Pulse of the Planet, Brett and Rebecca Barry own Silver Hollow Audio, a production company specializing in audiobooks and spoken word recordings. He teaches audio production at SUNY New Paltz.
Production Assistant Maya Pettit-van der Meer
Maya Pettit-van der Meer is a graduate of Madison Media Institute in Madison, Wisconsin, where she studied video production, graphic design, and audio production. She has assisted various non-profits with their multi-media, marketing, and public relations needs.
Project Consultant Tim Hawkins
Tim Hawkins has supervised grant projects funded by the NSF, NEH, NEA, NHPRC and Save America’s Treasures. Hawkins is a Certified Archivist and is a member of the National Science Teachers Association, the American Association for the Advancement of Science, and the Society of Environmental Journalists.
Research Assistant Shantal Riley
A recent graduate of Marist College, Shantal Riley holds a BA in Communications with a concentration in Journalism.
Science Advisor Robert Russell
Robert L. Russell, Ph.D., is a developmental psychologist who consults with media, museum, and community/youth organizations on the design of informal science learning projects.
Science Advisor Michael Templeton
Michael Templeton uses what he knows and what he wonders about science and math to help kids and their parents enjoy and understand science and math. He currently watches over the mathematics in Cyberchase, a daily half hour PBS TV series, and previously did the same for the science in The Magic School Bus TV series.
Writer Peggy Sarlin
Peggy Sarlin writes children's television shows for Disney, Nickelodeon and PBS. She has written the public tours of Kennedy Space Center for NASA, educational films for the British Museum and Smithsonian, and a show-stopping comedy song for Bette Midler.
JUDGES FOR ALL SCIENTIFIC FIELDS
- Jim Metzner, Executive Producer, Kids’ Science Challenge
- Michael Templeton, Science Advisor, Pulse of the Planet, Kids' Science Challenge
- Beth McGrath, Director, Center for Innovation in Science and Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology
- Dean Kinkoph, Science Teacher, Stow-Munroe Falls High School, Ohio
SCIENTIST JUDGE - FLAVOR SCIENCE
- Joan Harvey, Flavor Scientist, Cadbury
SCIENTIST JUDGE - WATER QUALITY
- Adina Paytan, Oceanographer, University of California, Santa Cruz
ENGINEERING JUDGES - SKATEBOARD ENGINEERING
- Michael Bream, Owner, Gravity Skateboards
- Paul Schmitt, Founder, CreateASkate.org
SCIENTIST JUDGES - SEARCH FOR EXTRATERRESTRIAL INTELLIGENCE
- Jill Tartar, Director, Center for SETI Research, SETI Institute
- Doug Vakoch, Director, Interstellar Message Composition, SETI Institute
- Nathalie Cabrol, Principal Investigator, SETI Institute
- Seth Shostak, Senior Astronomer, SETI Institute
SPECIAL THANKS TO
- Susan Olshuff: Development
- Valerie Knight-Williams: Evaluation
- Rebecca Bolde: Video Editor
- Marquita Takei: Graphic Designer
- Livia Vanaver and Vanaver Caravan: Dance Troupe
- Dwight Englewood School: Kid Science Advisors
- Spencer Weisbroth: Legal Counsel
- Space Science Institute: the SETI game, Listening for Life
- Bibi Farber: I Wanna Know! words, music and performance
Site Designed and Developed by Zumwinkle.com
Ann Zumwinkle, Mike Bilz, Douglas Bland, John Marchena, Donna Jones, Brian Thuok, and Peggy O'Connor for Zumwinkle.com